Plasticity in the visual system [electronic resource] : from genes to circuits / edited by Raphael Pinaud, Liisa A. Tremere, and Peter De Weerd
- New York : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 364 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Additional Creators:
- Pinaud, Raphael, Tremere, Liisa A., and De Weerd, Peter
- Ch. 1 Introduction: Plasticity in the visual system: from genes to circuits -- pt. I Retinal and thalamic plasticity -- Ch. 2 Synaptic plasticity and structural remodeling of rod and cone cells -- Ch. 3 Retinal remodeling: circuitry revisions triggered by photoreceptor degeneration -- Ch. 4 Retinal plasticity and interactive cellular remodeling in retinal detachment and reattachment -- Ch. 5 Experience-dependent rewiring of retinal circuitry: involvement of immediate early genes -- Ch. 6 Attentional activation of cortico-reticulo-thalamic pathways revealed by Fos imaging -- pt. II Cortical plasticity -- Ch. 7 Neuromodulatory transmitters in sensory processing and plasticity in the primary visual cortex -- Ch. 8 Critical calcium-regulated biochemical and gene expression programs involved in experience-dependent plasticity -- Ch. 9 The molecular biology of sensory map plasticity in adult mammals -- Ch. 10 Plasticity of retinotopic maps in visual cortex of cats and monkeys after lesions of the retina or primary visual cortex -- Ch. 11 Intra-cortical inhibition in the regulation of receptive field properties and neural plasticity in the primary visual cortex -- Ch. 12 Plasticity in V1 induced by perceptual learning -- Ch. 13 Investigating higher order cognitive functions in the dorsal (magnocellular) stream of visual processing -- Ch. 14 Dopamine-dependent associative learning of workload-predicting cues in the temporal lobe of the monkey -- pt. III Theoretical considerations -- Ch. 15 Linking visual development and learning to information processing: pre-attentive and attentive brain dynamics -- Ch. 16 Conclusion: a unified theoretical framework for plasticity in visual circuitry.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2006. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4563743