Hot topics in infection and immunity in children. III [electronic resource] / edited by Andrew J. Pollard and Adam Finn
- Additional Titles:
- Hot topics in infection and immunity in children 3
- New York, NY : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxii, 275 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Pollard, Andrew J., Finn, Adam, 1959-, British Paediatric Allergy, Immunity, and Infection Group, European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases, and Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Warfare and the state of the world's children / Frank Shann -- How do we treat children with severe malaria? / Kathyrn Maitland -- The neglected tropical diseases : the ancient afflictions of stigma and poverty and the prospects for their control and elimination / Peter Hotez ... [et al.]-- Viral haemorrhagic fevers caused by Lassa, Ebola and Marburg viruses / Nigel Curtis -- Rotavirus and rotavirus vaccines / Roger I. Glass ... [et al.] -- Transient deficiencies of T-cell-mediated immunity in the neonate / David A. Randolph and David B. Lewis -- Controversies in neonatal sepsis : immunomodulation in the treatment and prevention of neonatal sepsis / Samantha J. Moss and Andrew R. Gennery -- Chlamydia trachomatis genital Infections in adolescents and young adults / Toni Darville -- The role of inflammation and infection in the development of chronic lung disease in prematurity / Philip L. Davies, Nicola C. Maxwell, and Sailesh Kotecha -- Streptococcus pneumoniae : infection, inflammation and disease / Tim J. Mitchell -- Impact of antimicrobial resistance on therapy of bacterial pneumonia in children / B. Keith English and Steven C. Buckingham -- Diagnosis and prevention of pneumococcal disease / Hanna Nohynek -- New antibiotics for gram-positive infections / John S. Bradley -- Clinical manifestations of nontuberculous mycobacteria / Robert S. Heydeman and Julia Clark -- Kingella kingae : an emerging pediatric pathogen / Pablo Yagupsky -- How to treat acute musculoskeletal infections in children / Nico G. Hartwig -- Prevention of transmission of HIV-1 from mothers to infants in Africa / Hoosen Coovadia and Derseree Archary -- Practical aspects of antiretroviral treatment in children / Sam Walters -- Antibiotic treatment for acute otitis media in children / Matthew J. Thompson and Paul Glasziou -- Antibiotic prophylaxis for the prevention of recurrent urinary tract infections in children / Elliot Long, Samantha Colquhoun, and Jonathan R. Carapetis -- Human metapneumovirus : an important cause of acute respiratory illness / Adilia Warris and Ronald de Groot.
- "This book is based on the course "Infection and Immunity in Children 2005" which was held at Keble College Oxford, UK in June 2005. This is the third book in this series covering topics in infection and immunity during childhood and based on the Oxford courses"--P. v.
Support provided by the European Society for Infectious Disease (ESPID), British Paediatric Allergy, Immunity and Infection Group (BPAIIG), and the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2006. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4563923