Evolutionary epistemology, language, and culture [electronic resource] : a non-adaptationist, systems theoretical approach / edited by Nathalie Gontier, Jean Paul van Bendegem, and Diederik Aerts
- Theory and decision library. Series A, Philosophy and methodology of the social sciences ; v. 39
- Part 1 -- Introduction to evolutionary epistemology, language and culture / Nathalie Gontier -- Part 1 -- Evolutionary epistemology: The non-adaptationist approach / Franz Wuketits -- Like cats and dogs: Radical constructivism and evolutionary epistemology / Alexander Riegler -- The biological boundary conditions for our classical physical world view / Olaf Diettrich -- Is the real world something more than the world of our experience? Relations between Neo-Darwinism, transcendental philosophy and cognitive sciences / Adrianna Wozniak -- Universal Darwinism and process essentialism / Derek Turner -- Part 2 -- Darwinism, traditional linguistics and the new Palaeolithic Continuity Theory of language evolution / Mario Alinei -- The extended mind model of the origin of language and culture / Robert Logan -- From changes in the world to changes in the words / Jean-Philippe Mague -- Evolutionary epistemology and the origin and evolution of language: Taking symbiogenesis seriously / Nathalie Gontier -- The self-organization of dynamic systems: Modularity under scrutiny / Annemarie Peltzer-Karpf -- Part 3 -- Against human nature / Tim Ingold -- Cognition, evolution, and sociality / Eugenia Ramirez-Goicoechea -- Cultural evolution, the Baldwin effect, and social norms / Jean Lachapelle, Luc Faucher, Pierre Poirier -- Cultural creativity and evolutionary flexibility / Kathleen Coessens -- Some ideas to study the evolution of mathematics / Hugo Mercier -- Part 4 -- Computer modelling as a tool for understanding language evolution / Bart de Boer -- Simulating the syntax and semantics of linguistic constructions about time / Joachim De Beule -- Evolutionary game-theoretic semantics and its foundational status / Ahti-Veikko Pietarinen -- Towards a quantum evolutionary scheme: Violating Bell's inequalities in language / Diederik Aerts, Marek Czachor, Bart D'Hooghe
- Description based on print version record.
Papers from the conference held at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium, in 2004.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2006. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4564098