Government and research [electronic resource] : thirty years of evolution / by Maurice Kogan, Mary Henkel and Steve Hanney
- Kogan, Maurice
- Dordrecht : Springer, 2006.
- [2nd ed.].
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume
- Additional Creators:
- Henkel, Mary, Hanney, Stephen, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Higher education dynamics ; v. 11
- Part I -- Relationships between Government and Science -- Theories of Science and Science Policies -- Theories and Practice of Government -- Part II -- The DHSS and the Research Management System -- Science and Macro Scientific Policy: the Case of the CSRC and the Intermediate Boards -- The Chief Scientist's Organisation and the Research Councils: the Case of the Panel on Medical Research and Relationships with the SSRC -- Research Liaison Groups and the Small Grants Committee: Two Contrasting Systems -- The Chief Scientist's Organisation and External Research Bases: the Case of the DHSS Research Units -- Review of Units and Scientific Merit: Chief Scientist's Visits -- Review of Units and Policy Relevance: the Customer Review -- Part III -- The Functions, Process and Impact of Research Commissioning -- Emerging Roles -- Policy after Rothschild and Generalisations
- Description based on print version record. and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 219-237) and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2006. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4564306