Clinical pharmacology of sleep [electronic resource] / edited by S.R. Pandi-Perumal and J.M. Monti
- Machine generated contents note: Primary and secondary insomnia / Kenneth L. Lichstein / Les A. Gellis / Kristin C. Stone / Sidney D. Nau -- Primary insomnia : diagnosis and treatment / Pavlos Sakkas / Constantin R. Soldatos -- Neuropharmacology of obstructive sleep apnea and central apnea / Peter B. Buchanan / Ronald R. Grunstein -- Narcolepsy syndrome : a new view at the beginning of the second millennium / Chia-Mo Lin / Yu-Shu Huang / Christian Guilleminault -- Sleep disturbances in restless legs syndrome (RLS) and periodic limb movements (PLM) / Mauro Manconi / Marco Zucconi -- Sleep disturbances in anxiety disorders / Hsiao-Sui Lo / Arthur J. Spielman / Chien-Ming Yang -- Sleep disturbances in affective disorders / Olivier Le Bon / Luc Staner / Remy Luthringer -- Sleep disturbance in schizophrenia / Roger Godbout -- Clinical pharmacology of sleep disturbances in children and adolescents / Judith A. Owens / Manisha B. Witmans -- Assessment and treatment of sleep disturbances in aged population / Colin M. Shapiro / Nikola N. Trajanovic / Tejas R. Shah -- Sleep disturbances in Alzheimer's disease / Michael V. Vitiello -- Sleep disturbance during menopause / Paivi Polo-Kantola -- Chronopharmacology and its implications to the pharmacology of sleep / Daniel P. Cardinali / Seithikurippu R. Pandi-Perumal -- Overview of currently available benzodiazepine and nonbenzodiazepine hypnotics / Jaime M. Monti / Daniel Monti.
- Covers clinical and pharmacological treatments for various sleep disorders, such as insomnia, sleep apnea, narcolepsy, restless legs syndrome, and periodic limb movement syndrome. This volume addresses the use of sleep medications in children, adolescents, and in the elderly, and also offers an overview of hypnotic medications.
- 9783764374402 and 3764374403
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2006. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4565946