Low-cost approaches to promote physical and mental health [electronic resource] : theory, research, and practice / edited by Luciano L'Abate
- New York : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxii, 526 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- L'Abate, Luciano, 1928-
- Low-cost interventions to promote physical and mental health / Luciano L'Abate -- Diets, health, and weight control : what do we know? / David L. Katz ... [et al.] -- Low-cost obesity interventions : the market for foods / Michael S. Finke and Sandra J. Huston -- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and health / John C. Umhau and Karl M. Dauphinais -- Vitamins, minerals and health / Edward Giovannucci -- Herbal medicines in the treatment of psychiatric and neurological disorders / Shahin Akhondzadeh -- Daily practices for mindful exercise / Rachel Calogero and Kelly Pedrotty -- Relaxation and meditation / Angele McGrady -- Expressive movement / Dianne Dulicai and Ellen Schelly Hill -- Pleasant, pleasurable, and positive activities / Joan S. Anderson -- The recording of personal information as an intervention and as an electronic health support / Minna Levine and Ronald Calvanio -- Teaching to remember ourselves : the autobiographical methodology / Duccio Demetrio ; with contribution by Chiara Borgonovi -- Expressive writing : an alternative to traditional methods / Ewa Kacewicz, Richard B. Slatcher, and James W. Pennebaker -- Workbooks for the promotion of mental health and life-long learning / Luciano L'Abate and Damian Goldstein -- Computers and the Internet / Myron L. Pulier ... [et al.] -- Maternal-infant contact and child development : insights from the kangaroo intervention / Ruth Feldman -- Touch interventions positively affect development / Nancy Aaron James and Krystal D. Mize -- Non-erotic physical affection : it's good for you / Andrew K. Gulledge ... [et al.] -- Sex, sexuality and sensuality / Chad L. Cross and Gerald R. Weeks -- Intimacy and fear of intimacy / Anita L. Vangelisti and Gary Beck -- Low-cost interventions for promoting forgiveness / Lindsey M. Root and Michael E. McCullough -- Spirituality in achieving physical and psychological health and well-being : theory, research and low cost interventions / Len Sperry ... [et al.] -- Friendship, social support, and health / Patricia M. Sias and Heidi Bartoo -- Animal companions / Luciano L'Abate -- Applications of emotional intelligence to schools and workplace / David Ruback and Laura Sweeney -- Implications of prescriptive approaches for policy, health promotion, epidemiology, and public health / Cornelius Hogan.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2007. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4566214