Sulfur in plants [electronic resource] : an ecological perspective / edited by Malcolm J. Hawkesford and Luit J. De Kok
- Dordrecht, the Netherlands : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (264 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Hawkesford, Malcolm J. and De Kok, L. J. (Luit J.)
- SpringerLink: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Sulfur and plant ecology: a central role of sulfate transporters in responses to sulfur availability; Sulfur interactions in crop ecosystems; Sulfur in forest ecosystems; Sulfur in the marine environment; Atmospheric sulfur; Sulfur in plants as part of a metabolic network; Sulfur in resistance to environmental stresses; Molecular links between metals in the environment and plant sulfur metabolism; Sulfur in biotic interactions of plants; Selenium and its relationship with sulfur.
- Combining an ecosystems approach with new insights at the molecular and biochemical level, this book presents the latest findings on how plants respond, physiologically, to sulfur in their environment. It explores key areas??? such as biotic and abiotic interactions, adaptations to fluctuating supply, and sulfur??'s role in plant metabolic networks??? to assess the functions and implications of this essential plant nutrient in a range of natural, semi-natural and anthropogenic environments. Leaders in the field, Hawkesford and de Kok, draw together an international group of experts in plant.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2007. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4566584