Nanomaterials and nanosystems for biomedical applications [electronic resource] / edited by M. Resa Mozafari
- Dordrecht, the Netherlands : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvii, 159 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Mozafari, M. Reza (Mohammad Reza), 1962-
- Front Matter; Micro and Nano Systems in Biomedicine and Drug Delivery; New Lipid- and Glycolipid-Based Nanosystems for Targeted Gene Delivery: Cholenims, Glycoclips, Glycolipids and Chitosan; Artificial Implants -- New Developments and Associated Problems; Niosomes as Nanocarrier Systems; Starch -- A Potential Biomaterial for Biomedical Applications; Alternative Applications for Drug Delivery: Nasal and Pulmonary Routes; An Overview of Liposome-Derived Nanocarrier Technologies; Uptake Studies of Free and Liposomal Sclareol by Mcf-7 and H-460 Human Cancer Cell Lines.
- & Quot;Nanomaterials and Nanosystems for Biomedical Applications" brings together under a single cover various aspects of functional bioengineered materials and nanostructured biomaterials including commonly used implants and sustained release nanodevices. The book includes expert reviews on the advances and current problems associated with the implants and nanodevices along with their applications in medicine, pharmaceutics, cancer therapy, gene transfer and drug delivery. The editor, M.R. Mozafari (PhD), has been working in the field of nanobiotechnology for the past 14 years and has pr.
- 9781402062896 and 1402062893
- Electronic book., Title from title screen (viewed Mar. 6, 2008)., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2007. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4566659