Maine cottages [electronic resource] : Fred L. Savage and the architecture of Mount Desert / John M. Bryan ; photographs by Richard Cheek
- Bryan, John M., 1942-
- Additional Titles:
- Fred L. Savage and the architecture of Mount Desert
- New York : Princeton Architectural Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (301 pages) : illustrations (some color), 1 map
- Additional Creators:
- Savage, Fred L., 1861-1924
- 1. Foundations -- Savage's ancestor's and Mount Desert -- Artists and tourism on Mount Desert -- Recreation, education, and moral development -- Rusticators come to Northeast Harbor -- Savage's architectural training -- The earliest drawings by Savage -- 2. Northeast Harbor, Islesboro, and the shingle style -- Savage and Stratton, architects -- The shingle style -- Savage's early work in Northeast Harbor -- Stylistic diversity -- The Islesboro cottages -- 3. Bar Harbor and the end of the cottage era (1900-1924) -- Savage's later work in the historical revival styles -- The preservation movement on Mount Desert -- Savage's public buildings -- The city beautiful movement in Bar Harbor -- Fred L. Savage, automobile dealer -- The twilight of Savage's architectural career -- Savage's estate.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 296-297) and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2005. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4567625