- Contemporary cancer research
- Cancer gene therapy : historical perspective / Malcolm K. Brenner -- The genetic basis of cancer / Akseli Hemminki and Kari Hemminki -- Tumor suppressor gene replacement for cancer / Jack A. Roth and Susan F. Grammer -- Antisense technology / Ruiwen Zhang and Hui Wang -- Cancer therapeutic applications of ribozymes and RNAi / Lisa Scherer and John J. Rossi -- Fusogeneic membrane glycoproteins for cancer gene therapy : a better class of killer / Andrew Bateman ... [et al.] -- Suicide gene therapy / Caroline J. Springer and Ion Niculescu-Duvaz -- Molecular chemotherapy approaches / Daniel H. Palmer and David J. Kerr -- Genetic immunotherapy approaches / Denise R. Shaw and Albert F. LoBuglio -- Immunotherapy of cancer by dendritic cell-targeted : gene transfer / Tanja D. de Gruijl, Herbert M. Pinedo, and Rik J. Scheper -- Dendritic cells / Weiping Zou, Shuang Wei and Tyler J. Curiel.
Polynucleotide immunization for cancer therapy / Theresa V. Strong -- Development of oncolytic replication-competent herpes simplex virus vectors: the G207 paradigm / Tomoki Todo and Samuel D. Rabkin -- Development of oncolytic adenoviruses : from the lab bench to the bedside / John A. Howe, Robert Ralston, and Murali Ramachandra -- Conditionally replicating adenoviruses for cancer treatment / Ramon Alemany -- Reovirus as an oncolytic agent / Megan K. Patrick, Kara L. Norman, and Patrick W.K. Lee -- Antiangiogenic gene therapy of cancer / Steve Gyorffy ... [et al.] -- Proapoptotic strategy in cancer gene therapy / David H. Holman ... [et al.] -- Antimetastasis / Duen-Hwa Yan, Kung-Ming Rau, and Mien-Chie Hung -- Antimetastatic gene therapy : prostate cancer theory to therapy / Thomas A. Gardner ... [et al.].
Drug-resistance gene transfer as an antitumor strategy / Colin L. Sweeney and R. Scott McIvor -- Chemosensitization / Per Eystein Lønning -- Radiosensitization by gene therapy / Steven J. Chmura, Michael Garofalo, and Ralph R. Weichselbaum -- Nonviral vector systems for cancer gene therapy / Greg F. Walker and Ernst Wagner -- Viral vectors for cancer gene therapy / Joanne T. Douglas and David T. Curiel -- Bacterial systems for tumor-specific gene therapy / J. Martin Brown ... [et al.] -- Molecular imaging of cancer gene therapy / Harvey R. Herschman -- Cancer-related gene therapy clinical trials / Robert J. Korst and Ronald G. Crystal -- Regulatory aspects in the development of gene therapies / Rosemarie Aurigemma ... [et al.].
- "In Cancer Gene Therapy, leading basic and clinical oncologists provide a complete introduction and guide to the latest developments in cancer gene therapy - from bench to beside. In their discussions, the authors comprehensively review the anticancer genes and gene delivery methods currently available for cancer gene therapy, including the transfer of genetic material into the cancer cells, stimulation of the immune system to recognize and eliminate cancer cells, and the targeting of the nonmalignant stromal cells that support their growth. They also thoroughly examine the advantages and limitations of the different therapies and detail strategies to overcome obstacles to their clinical implementation." --Book Jacket.
1588292134 (alk. paper)
9781588292131 (alk. paper)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2005. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4567640