State and local government reforms in France and Germany [electronic resource] : divergence and convergence / Vincent Hoffmann-Martinot, Hellmut Wollmann (eds.).
- Urban and regional research international ; v. 7
- State Organisation in France and Germany between Territorially and Functionality / Hellmut Wollmann, Geert Bouckaert -- Modernizing Sub-National Government in France: Institutional Creativity and Systemic Stability / Jean-Claude Thoenig -- Sub-National Government and Regional Governance in Germany / Arthur Benz, Anna Meincke -- The Evolution of Public Personnel Systems in France: Structure and Reforms / Pierre Sadran -- Civil Service in Germany: Between Cutback Management and Modernization / Sabine Kuhlmann, Manfred Rober -- French Territorial Administration and Changes in Public Management / Gerald Orange -- Local Government -- A Strategic Resource in German Public Management Reform / Gerhard Banner -- French Public Finances against Globalization: Resistance, Transformation, Reform / Bertrand Blancheton -- Public Finance as Drivers and Constraints for Public Sector Reform in Germany / Bernd Reissert -- Local Mirrors of State Modernisation: The Case of the Territorialisation of Employment Policy in France / Thierry Berthet, Philippe Cuntigh -- Public Sector Reforms and Local Governments in Germany: The Case of Local Social Policy / Frank Bonker, Hellmut Wollmann -- From Government to Governance at the Local Level -- Some Considerations based on Data Surveys with Mayors and Chief Executive Officers / Hubert Heinelt, Eric Kerrouche, Bjorn Egner -- Reform and Modernization of Urban Government in France / Vincent Hoffmann-Martinot -- Modernizing German Local Government: Bringing the People Back in? / Angelika Vetter
- Description based on print version record., "Based on the revised contributions to the French-German workshop that was held on May 14 and 15, 2004 in Bordeaux, France"--Pref., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2006. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4567969