Philosophical perspectives on lifelong learning [electronic resource] / edited by David N. Aspin
- Dordrecht, Netherlands : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume
- Additional Creators:
- Aspin, David N. and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Online version: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Section I -- Lifelong Learning: Concepts and Conceptions / David Aspin, Judith Chapman -- Lifelong Learning and the Politics of the Learning Society / Kenneth Wain -- Lifelong Learning and Vocational Education and Training: Values, Social Capital, and Caring in Work-Based Learning Provision / Terry Hyland -- From Adult Education to Lifelong Learning and Back Again / Richard Edwards -- 'Framing' Lifelong Learning in the Twenty-First Century: Towards a Way of Thinking / Kevin Flint, David Needham -- Section II -- Lifelong Learning: Conceptual and Ethical Issues / Kenneth Lawson -- Lifelong Learning: Beyond Neo-Liberal Imaginary / Fazal Rizvi -- Widening Participation in Higher Education: Lifelong Learning as Capability / Melanie Walker -- Lifelong Learning: Exploring Learning, Equity and Redress, and Access / Philip Higgs, Berte Wyk -- Lifelong Learning and Democratic Citizenship Education in South Africa / Yusef Waghid -- Section III -- Lifelong Learning and Knowledge: Towards a General Theory of Professional Inquiry / Colin Evers -- The Nature of Knowledge and Lifelong Learning / Jean Barr, Morwenna Griffiths -- Reading Lifelong Learning Through a Postmodern Lens / Robin Usher -- Section IV -- Good Practice in Lifelong Learning / Richard Bagnall -- Philosophical Perspectives on Lifelong Learning: Insights from Education, Engineering, and Economics / Mal Leicester, Roger Twelvetrees, Peter Bowbrick -- Building a Learning Region: Whose Framework of Lifelong Learning Matters? / Shirley Walters -- Changing Ideas and Beliefs in Lifelong Learning? / Jane Thompson
- Description based on print version record.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2007. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4568295