The fish oocyte [electronic resource] : from basic studies to biotechnological applications / edited by Patrick J. Babin, Joan Cerdà and Esther Lubzens
- Front Matter; Ultrastructural aspects of the ontogeny and differentiation of ray-finned fish ovarian follicles; Molecular aspects of oocyte vitellogenesis in fish; Zebrafish ovarian follicle transcriptome; Proteomics analysis of the developing fish oocyte; Oocyte zona pellucida proteins; Maternal factors in fish oogenesis and embryonic development; Gonadotropic regulation of oocyte development; Sex steroid hormone receptors in fish ovaries; Hormonal regulation of follicular atresia in teleost fish; Ecotoxicological effects of endocrine disrupting compounds on fish reproduction.
- This book addresses the growing needs in deciphering the biological processes associated with fish reproduction, in view of the growth of aquaculture and the dwindling natural stocks of commercially important fish. It presents a comprehensive overview on egg production in fish, from the standpoint of the oocyte. With this view in mind, the book includes chapters on oocyte development (oogenesis), hormonal regulation and hormone receptors, formation of the egg envelopes, growth, accumulation of nutrients and maternal transcripts, maturation, hydration, ovulation and fertilization. A special emp.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2007. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4568299