Myosins [electronic resource] : a superfamily of molecular motors / edited by Lynne M. Coluccio
- Dordrecht : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 475 pages, 17 unnumbered pages of plates) : illustrations (some color)
- Additional Creators:
- Coluccio, Lynne M.
- Proteins and cell regulation ; v. 7
- Front Matter; The Structural And Functional Diversity Of The Myosin Family Of Actin-Based Molecular Motors; Myosin Structure; The Myosin Family: Biochemical And Kinetic Properties; Myosin I; Myosin Ii: Sarcomeric Myosins, The Motors Of Contraction In Cardiac And Skeletal Muscles; Smooth-Muscle Myosin II; Non-Muscle Myosin II; Class III Myosins; Myosin V; Myosin VI: A Multifunctional Motor Protein; Myosin VII; Plant Myosins VIII, XI, And XIII; Class Ix Myosins; Myosin X; Myosin Class XIV And Other Myosins In Protists; Myosin XVA; Back Matter.
- This volume highlights the remarkable superfamily of molecular motors called myosins, which are involved in such diverse cellular functions as muscle contraction, intracellular transport, cell migration and cell division. In a timely compilation of chapters written by some of the leading research groups in the world that have made key discoveries in the field, the current understanding of the molecular mechanisms and biological functions of these intriguing proteins is explored. The different myosin classes are compared and contrasted in the introductory chapter, as well as chapters on myosin.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2008. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4568322