Nuclear dynamics [electronic resource] : molecular biology and visualization of the nucleus / K. Nagata, K. Takeyasu (eds.).
- Front Matter; Visual Biology of Nuclear Dynamics: From Micro- to Nano-dynamics of Nuclear Components; Nuclear Envelope: Nanoarray Responsive to Aldosterone; Mitotic Chromosome Segregation Control; Breakdown and Reformation of the Nuclear Envelope; Functional Organization and Dynamic Aspects of Nucleoli During the Cell Cycle; Dynamics, Roles, and Diseases of the Nuclear Membrane, Lamins, and Lamin-binding Proteins; Gene Selectors Consisting of DNA-Binding Proteins, Histories, and Histone-Binding Proteins Regulate the Three Major Stages of Gene Expression.
- The nuclear structure is not always stable but varies from hour to hour. Thus, it is important to capture dynamic changes of the structure and function from the viewpoint of molecular dynamics. Using the latest visualizing techniques in combination with biochemical and molecular biological methods, researchers from a broad range of fields of knowledge, including chromosomal structure, nuclear transfer, RNA, nuclear membrane, transcription, and nuclear domain structures, provide an overview of the nuclear structure and current issues in nuclear dynamics. The dynamics of nuclear structures descr.
- 9784431301301 and 4431301305
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2007. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4568957