Western North American Juniperus communities [electronic resource] : a dynamic vegetation type / edited by O.W. Van Auken
- New York : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xix, 311 pages) : illustrations, maps
- Additional Creators:
- Van Auken, O. W. (Oscar William), 1939-
- Ecological studies, v. 196
- Front Matter; Western North American Juniperus Communities: Patterns and Causes of Distribution and Abundance; Structure and Composition of Juniperus Communities and Factors That Control Them; Distribution of Juniperus Woodlands in Central Texas in Relation to General Abiotic Site Type; Structure and Function of Woodland Mosaics: Consequences of Patch-Scale Heterogeneity and Connectivity Along the Grassland-Forest Continuum; Comparison of the Understory Vegetation of Juniperus Woodlands; The Potential Role of Mycorrhizae in the Growth and Establishment of Juniperus Seedlings.
- Addresses various aspects of the biology, ecology, and management of Juniperus woodlands and savannas, synthesizing research findings as well as proposed research. This book provides ecologists, land managers, and foresters with a foundation in Juniperus ecosystems, enabling them to manage the communities for sustained productivity and diversity.
- 9780387340036, 0387340033, 6611140026 (electronic bk.), 9786611140021 (electronic bk.), 9780387340029 (hbk.), and 0387340025 (hbk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2008. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4569284