- Beitrage zum auslandischen offentlichen Recht und Volkerrecht, 0172-4770 ; Bd. 194
- Legitimacy of International Law from a Legal Perspective: Some Introductory Considerations / Rudiger Wolfrum -- The Legitimacy of Global Governance Institutions / Allen Buchanan, Robert O. Keohane -- Legitimacy of Legislative and Executive Actions of International Institutions / Alain Pellet -- On the Legitimacy of International Institutions / Anthony D'Amato -- Discussion Following Presentations by Rudiger Wolfrum, Robert Keohane, Alain Pellet and Anthony D'Amato -- The Security Council as Legislator and as Executive in its Fight Against Terrorism and Against Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction: The Question of Legitimacy / Georges Abi-Saab -- The Legitimacy of United Nations Security Council Decisions in the Fight against Terrorism and the Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction: Some Critical Remarks / Erika de Wet -- Discussion Following Presentations by Georges Abi-Saab and Erika de Wet -- Aspects of Legitimacy of Decisions of International Courts and Tribunals / Tullio Treves -- Aspects of Legitimacy of Decisions of International Courts and Tribunals: Comments / Rein Mullerson -- Discussion Following Presentations by Tullio Treves and Rein Mullerson -- Codes of Conduct and their Implementation: the Question of Legitimacy / Helen Keller -- Codes of Conduct and the Legitimacy of International Law / Armin von Bogdandy -- The Concept of Legitimacy in International Law / Daniel Bodansky -- Discussion Following Presentations by Helen Keller, Armin von Bogdandy and Daniel Bodansky -- Legitimacy: A Problem in International Law and for International Lawyers? / Hanspeter Neuhold -- What About Hobbes? Legitimacy as a Matter of Inclusion in the Functional and Rational Exercise of International Public Power / Volker Roben -- Construction of the Discourse on Legitimacy of International Institutions / Kong Qingjiang -- Round Table
- Description based on print version record.
Copyright by Max-Planck-Gesellschaft zur Forderung der Wissenschaften e.V., to be exercised by Max-Planck-Institut fur auslandisches offentliches Recht und Volkerrecht, Heidelberg.
"This Seminar is and is meant to be a continuation of the Conference in November 2003 on Developments of International Law in Treaty Making.... This Seminar should equally be seen as a continuation of the 'American-European Dialogue: Different Perceptions of International Law' Workshop..."--p. , no further details.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2008. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4569844