Justification defenses [electronic resource] : excuse defenses distinguished / Norman M. Garland
- Garland, Norman M.
- Additional Titles:
- Excuse defenses distinguished
- [Minneapolis, MN] : Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction.
- Additional Creators:
- Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction
- Restrictions on Access:
- CALI password required for access.
- "This Lessonette® exercise focuses on the distinctions between justification and excuse defenses. Many of the major legal scholars and commentators have distinguished justification and excuse defenses. However, the modern view often blurs the distinction. This lesson points out the principal theoretical distinctions as well as the areas of substantial confusion or controversy with respect to classification, both at common law and under the Model Penal Code. The lesson also describes those circumstances in which classification one way or the other makes a difference. The student approaching this lesson should have a basic understanding of various defenses, both under the common law and the MPC. Working the lesson should significantly add to that student's ability to distinguish various defenses based on the classification of each with respect to justification versus excuse. In addition, the student should enhance his or her ability to articulate the theory and consequences of such classification."--CALI lessons subject list
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Began in 1999.
- Publication Frequency:
- Updated irregularly
- Audience Notes:
- Law students in CALI-member law schools.
- "Approximate completion time: 30 minutes."
Description based on 2006 version.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED DICKINSON USERS; PASSWORD REQUIRED FOR ACCESS.
- Other Forms:
- Also issued as part of the annual compilation of lessons on CD-ROM under the title: CALI lessons for law students. When different, the online version is more current.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 4571808