- Restrictions on Access:
- CALI password required for access.
- "This lesson is designed to lead the student through exploration of the intentional torts. It is divided into intent, torts against person, torts against property, and defenses. Each of these sections is subdivided: for example, the torts against person section contains questions on battery, assault, false imprisonment, and intentional infliction of mental distress. This organization allows use of the lesson in various ways. A student can divide the lesson into segments of differing size, such as consideration of a single tort in a single sitting, or consideration of all of the torts against property in a single sitting. Also, students will find value in the questions before, during, or after classroom work on the torts. Some professors may choose to assign the lesson in lieu of class time on the subject. The questions lead the student far beyond the elements of the torts into factual applications, policy considerations, and argument evaluation. Numerous hypertext links and citations to authorities invite the student to consideration of differing views and to further research into the area. The lesson often engages the student in a "dialogue" on the merit of a response."-- CALI lessons subject list
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Began in 1998.
- Publication Frequency:
- Updated irregularly
- Audience Notes:
- Law students in CALI-member law schools.
- Description based on 2006 version.
"Approximate completion time: 0.75-1 hour for each session."
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED DICKINSON USERS; PASSWORD REQUIRED FOR ACCESS.
- Part Of:
- Part of CALI Lessons website (http://www2.cali.org/index.php?fuseaction=lessons.home)
CALI : The Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction
- Other Forms:
- Also issued as part of the annual compilation of lessons on CD-ROM under the title: CALI lessons for law students. When different, the online version is more current.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 4571852