- Restrictions on Access:
- CALI password required for access.
- "This tutorial teaches the basic law and commercial background of documents of title and U.C.C. Article Seven. It is designed to introduce these topics to students who have no prior knowledge of them.
The tutorial can be used in most, if not all, commercial law courses. It prepares students to understand the roles and legal treatment of documents of title in courses primarily focused on sales, secured transactions, negotiable instruments or payment systems as well as classes devoted exclusively to documents of title and Article Seven. It also introduces students to the interaction of Article Seven with other U.C.C. Articles such as Two and Nine.
The tutorial contains text, multiple choice and true/false questions and many graphics. Students can click on "hypercode" cites to view the corresponding Official U.C.C. Text or Commentary. The program also includes document and U.C.C. appendices accessible by the click of a mouse.
Specific topics covered by the tutorial include: The Origin and Nature of Documents of Title ; Warehouse Receipts ; Bills of Lading ; Delivery Orders ; The Analogy Between Documents of Title and Negotiable Instruments ; Functions of Documents of Title ; The Scope of Article 7 ; Negotiability and Good Faith Purchase ; The Requirements for Negotiability and Holder by Due Negotiation Status ; Rights of a Holder by Due Negotiation ; Transfer of Negotiable and Nonnegotiable Documents of Title ; Negotiation and Transfer of Delivery Orders ; Warranties on Negotiation or Transfer ; The Documentary Sale ; Bailee's Duty to Deliver to the Person Entitled Under the Document." -- CALI lessons subject list
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Began in 1999.
- Publication Frequency:
- Updated irregularly
- Audience Notes:
- Law students in CALI-member law schools.
- Description based on
"Approximate completion time: 2.5 hours"
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED DICKINSON USERS; PASSWORD REQUIRED FOR ACCESS.
- Other Forms:
- Also issued as part of the annual compilation of lessons on CD-ROM under the title: CALI lessons for law students. When different, the online version is more current.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 4572016