- Restrictions on Access:
- CALI password required for access.
- "This lesson covers characterization of commingled property at divorce. It covers tracing, transmutation, differentiation between income and passive appreciation and other rules regarding characterization of commingled property as marital or separate.
Computation of the separate and marital portions of mixed pensions, a common asset of divorcing parties, involves complex issues that are beyond the scope of this lesson.
Before beginning this lesson, students must have a good understanding of the difference between community or marital and separate property, and the principles of equitable distribution. It is recommended that students first complete the lesson on property division at divorce.
Note - Some states treat all property owned by either spouse, no matter how or when it was acquired, as marital. This lesson does not apply to states that do not differentiate between marital/community and separate property. Nor does it apply to states that treat all commingled property as marital or community."-- CALI lessons subject list
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Began in 1999.
- Equitable distribution of marital property—United States—Interactive multimedia—Problems, exercises, etc
- Divorce settlements—United States—Interactive multimedia—Problems, exercises, etc
- Marital property—Valuation—United States—Interactive multimedia—Problems, exercises, etc
- Community property—United States—Interactive multimedia—Problems, exercises, etc
- Separate property—United States—Interactive multimedia—Problems, exercises, etc
- Publication Frequency:
- Updated irregularly
- Audience Notes:
- Law students in CALI-member law schools.
- Description based on 2006 version.
"Approximate completion time: 40 minutes"
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED DICKINSON USERS; PASSWORD REQUIRED FOR ACCESS.
- Part Of:
- Part of CALI Lessons website (http://www2.cali.org/index.php?fuseaction=lessons.home)
CALI : The Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction
- Other Forms:
- Also issued as part of the annual compilation of lessons on CD-ROM under the title: CALI lessons for law students. When different, the online version is more current.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 4572106