Energy and poverty in Sri Lanka : challenges and the way forward / Regional Energy Programme for Poverty Reduction, UNDP Regional Centre in Bangkok
- Bangkok, Thailand : United Nations Development Programme, Regional Energy Program for Poverty Reduction (REP-PoR), 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 38 pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Regional Energy Programme for Poverty Reduction
- Background -- The challenges -- Meeting the challenges -- Conclusion -- Schematic representation of challenges and modalities to meet the challenges.
- The UNDP Regional Energy Program for Poverty Reduction (REP-PoR) aims to affect broad-based interventions in the energy sector, focusing on Asia Pacific countries. The emphasis is on harnessing energy effectively to meet developmental targets laid out in the Millennium Development Goals. As a first step to achieve the objectives of REP-PoR, this publication reports on Sri Lanka's energy sector and its linkages to poverty concerns, gaps therein, and modalities for overcoming the same. It aims to facilitate the inclusion of a strong energy component to Sri Lanka's socio-economic development programs.--Publisher's description.
- "Sales#: E.06.III.B.7"--T.p. verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 37-38).
- Other Forms:
- Also available online.
View MARC record | catkey: 4582499