Current legal issues in criminal justice : readings / [edited by] Craig Hemmens
- Los Angeles, Calif. : Roxbury Pub. Co., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 264 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Hemmens, Craig
- Police and Thieves: the Supreme Court examines the Knock and Announce Rule / Craig Hemmens -- Surveillance Technology and the Law / Kathryn Scarborough, Pam Collins, and Ryan Baggett -- The USA Patriot Act: A Review of the Major Components / Jim Ruiz and Kathleen H. Winters -- The Meaning of Miranda Rights and the Privilege Against Self-Incrimination / Marvin Zalman -- Probation/Parole Searches and the Fourth Amendment / John L. Worrall and David Murphy -- Drug Tests, the Fourth Amendment, and the Supreme Court's Rationale for Warrantless and Suspicionless Searches / Claudia San Miguel -- Problem Solving Courts: Changing the Way Courts Conduct Business / Michelle E. Heward -- Sentencing Reforms and the Supreme Court: The Implications of Apprendi, Blakely, and Booker /Jeremy D. Ball -- Mental Health and the Death Penalty / Peggy M. Tobolowsky -- Addressing the Rights of Victims in Capital Cases / Ashley G. Blackburn, James W. Marquart, Janet L. Mullings, and Chad R. Trulson -- Legal Issues Associated with DNA Evidence / Simon A. Cole and William C. Thompson -- Hate Crimes and Hate Speech: Freedom to Express or License to Harm? / Jacqueline Buffington-Vollum -- Inmate Litigation and the Constitution / Barbara Belbot -- A Failure to Integrate: Equal Protection and Race in American Prisons / Chad R. Trulson, James W. Marquart, and Janet L. Mullings -- Sex Offender Registration, Notification, and Civil Commitment Statutes: Due Process vs. Community Safety / Barbara Sims and Megan Reynolds -- Juvenile Waiver Laws/ Benjamin Steiner -- Juvenile Curfews / Janice Ahmad, Katherine Bennett, and Jim Ruiz -- The Criminal Justice System's Treatment of Assisted Suicide / David Brody -- Obscenity and the Internet / Jeff Maahs and John Liederbach.
- 1933220929 (alk. paper), 9781933220925 (alk. paper), 0195330803 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 9780195330809 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 4582836