Medicine and evolution : current applications, future prospects / edited by Sarah Elton, Paul O'Higgins
- Society for the Study of Human Biology series ; 48
- Environments, adaptation, and evolutionary medicine : should we be eating a stone age diet? / Sarah Elton -- Human protein requirements and infection stress among young children at the origins of agriculture / Stanley J. Ulijaszek -- Evolutionary perspectives on type 2 diabetes in Asia / Tessa M. Pollard, Alejandra Núñez-de la Mora, Nigel Unwin -- Seasonality, climatic unpredictability, food deprivation, and polycystic ovary syndrome / Laurence Shaw, Sarah Elton -- Evolution and endocrinology : the regulation of pregnancy outcomes / Virginia J. Vitzthum -- Evolutionary paediatrics : a case study in applying Darwinian medicine / Helen Ball -- The role of helminthes in human evolution : implications for global health in the 21st century / A. Magdalena Hurtado ... [et al.] -- Nonbizarre delusions as strategic deception / Edward H. Hagen -- Practical aspects of evolutionary medicine / Gillian R. Bentley, Robert Aunger -- Comparative and evolutionary biology in medical and dental education / M. Christopher Dean -- Is there a place for evolutionary medicine in UK medical education? / Sarah Elton, Paul O'Higgins -- Would Darwin recognize himself here? / Jonathan Marks.
- 9781420051346 (hardback : alk. paper) and 1420051342 (hardback : alk. paper)
- "This volume arose out of the Society for the Study of Human biology and Biosocial Society Symposium 'Medicine and Evolution,' held in York, UK, on December 11-12, 2006"--P. [xiii].
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4584263