Pathways in philosophy : an introductory guide with readings / Dale Jacquette
- Jacquette, Dale
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 555 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- The soul and its wisdom: Plato's Meno -- Substance and the changing world: Aristotle's Metaphysics -- Universals, particulars, and the concept of truth: Ockham's Summa Logicae I -- Reason, knowledge, and certainty: Descartes's Meditations on first philosophy -- Existence and nature of God: Berkeley's Three dialogues between Hylas and Philonous -- Moral Rights, obligations, and responsibility: Kant's Grounding for the metaphysics of morals -- Consequences of actions in ethical conduct: Mill's Utilitarianism -- Individual values and the will to power: Nietzsche's On the genealogy of morality -- Philosophical analysis of the concept of good: Moore's Principia Ethica -- Justice and the social good in political decision making: Rawl's A theory of justice.
- 0195131312 (pbk. : alk. paper) and 9780195131314 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4590442