From metaphysics to midrash : myth, history, and the interpretation of Scripture in Lurianic Kabbala / Shaul Magid
- Magid, Shaul, 1958-
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 349 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Kabbala, new historicism, and the question of boundaries -- The Lurianic myth: a playbill -- Genesis: "And Adam's sin was (very) great": original sin in Lurianic exegesis -- Exodus: The "other" Israel: the ʻerev rav (mixed multitude) as conversos -- Leviticus: The sin of becoming a woman: male homosexuality and the castration complex -- Numbers: Balaam, Moses, and the prophecy of the "other": a Lurianic vision for the erasure of difference -- Deuteronomy: the human and/as God: divine incarnation and the "image of God".
- 9780253350886 (cl : alk. paper)
0253350883 (cl : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -345) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4590662