The invention of Scotland : myth and history / Hugh Trevor-Roper
- Trevor-Roper, H. R. (Hugh Redwald), 1914-2003
- New Haven [Conn.] ; London : Yale University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 282 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 23 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- The political myth. Scotia's rise to glory? -- George Buchanan -- Buchanan's nemesis -- The literary myth. The search for a Celtic Homer -- James Macpherson and Fingal -- The controversy over Ossian -- The sartorial myth. The coming of the kilt -- The tartan.
- 9780300136869 (alk. paper) and 0300136862 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -267) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4590701