Zoology of New-York, or, The New-York fauna : comprising detailed descriptions of all the animals hitherto observed within the state of New-York, with brief notices of those occasionally found near its borders, and accompanied by appropriate illustrations / by James E. De Kay
- De Kay, James E. (James Ellsworth), 1792-1851
- Albany : Printed by Carroll and Cook, printers to the Assembly, 1842-44.
- Physical Description:
- 6 parts in 5 volumes : illustrations (some color) ; 29 cm.
- pt. 1. Mammalia -- pt. 2. Birds -- pt. 3. Reptiles and amphibia -- pt. 4. Fishes -- pt. 5. Mollusca -- pt. 6. Crustacea.
- Parts 1, 3 and 4 printed by W. & A. White & J. Visscher.
Added t.-p., engraved, with vignette.
Part 1 is preceded by historical introduction by Gov. W.H. Seward, and Note on penitentiaries by Hon. John O'Sullivan.
General author and subject index may be found in "Index to publications of the New York State Natural History Survey and New York State Museum. By Mary Ellis. 1903." (New York. State Museum. Bulletin 66).
- Bibliography Note:
- Bibliographical lists given in each part.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. New Haven, Conn., Research Publications, Inc., 1974. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (American natural history. Part II ; reel 16-22).
View MARC record | catkey: 459107