Hair cell regeneration, repair, and protection [electronic resource] / Richard J. Salvi, Arthur N. Popper, Richard R. Fay, editors
- Springer handbook of auditory research ; v. 33
- Overview: regeneration and repair / Richard J. Salvi -- Morphological correlates of regeneration and repair in the inner ear / Jason R. Meyers and Jeffrey T. Corwin -- Recovery of function in the avian auditory system after ototrauma / James C. Saunders and Richard J. Salvi -- Functional recovery after hair cell regeneration in birds / Robert J. Dooling, Micheal L. Dent, Amanda M. Lauer, and Brenda M. Ryals -- Hair cell regeneration : mechanisms guiding cellular proliferation and differentiation / Elizabeth C. Oesterle and Jennifer S. Stone -- Protection and repair of inner ear sensory cells / Andrew Forge and Thomas R. Van De Water -- Gene arrays, cell lines, stem cells, and sensory regeneration in mammalian ears / Marcelo N. Rivolta and Matthew C. Holley.
- "Hair Cell Regeneration, Repair, and Protection provides a comprehensive survey of what is currently known about the regeneration, repair, and protection of sensory hair cells and subsequent recovery of function in the auditory and vestibular system. The aim is to provide graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, clinicians, and scientists in related disciplines with the biological bases of hair cells and with an understanding of the factors that contribute to their regeneration and repair."--Jacket.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. New York : Springer, 2008. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Oct. 1, 2008). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 4591660