Pre-Columbian landscapes of creation and origin [electronic resource] / John Edward Staller, editor
- New York, NY : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 389 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Additional Creators:
- Staller, John E.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access is restricted to subscribing institutions.
- An introduction to pre-Columbian landscapes of creation and origin / John E. Staller -- Ballcourt rites, paradise, and the origins of power in classic Veracruz / Rex Koontz -- Landscape and a visual narrative of creation and origin at the Olmec ceremonial center of La Venta / Carolyn E. Tate -- Maya caves across time and space : reading-related landscapes in K'iche' Maya text, ritual and history / Duncan Earle -- Places of emergence : sacred mountains and cofradía ceremonies / Allen J. Christenson -- Over distant waters : places of origin and creation in colonial K'iche'an sources / Frauke Sachse -- Fox walker on the Parapeti River, Bolivia : the origins of how we Guarani live in Íví / Elio Ortiz ... [et al.] -- Where the land and the ocean meet : the Engoroy phase ceremonial site at Salango, Ecuador, 600-100 BC / Richard Lunniss -- The astronomical significance of ritual movements in the calendar of Cuzco / R. Tom Zuidema -- Dimensions of place : the significance of centers to the development of Andean civilization : an exploration of the ushnu concept / John E. Staller -- High altitude ushnu platforms in the Department of Ayacucho Peru, structure, ancestors and animating essence / Frank M. Meddens ... [et al.] -- Representation, memory, and power : pre-Columbian landscapes of creation and origin / Brian Stross.
- 9780387769097 (hbk.), 0387769099 (hbk.), 9780387769103, 0387769102, 9786611242329, and 6611242325
- Accompanying CD-ROM contains reproductions of the illustrations in the book. and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4591681