Performing folklore : ranchos folclóricos from Lisbon to Newark / Kimberly DaCosta Holton
- DaCosta Holton, Kimberly
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 293 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Choreographing the spirit : fascism, folklorization, and everyday resistance -- Battling the bonitinho : revolution, reform, and ethnographic authenticity -- From intestines into heart : the performance of cultural kinship -- Festival hospitality : new paradigms of travel and exchange -- "We will not be jazzed up!" : Lisbon 94 and ranchos' festival absence -- Dancing along the in-between : folklore performance and transmigration in Newark, New Jersey.
- 0253346312 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780253346315 (cloth : alk. paper)
0253218314 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780253218315 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -279) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4595089