Large-scale ecosystem restoration : five case studies from the United States / edited by Mary Doyle and Cynthia A. Drew
- Washington : Island Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 325 pages : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Doyle, Mary, LL. B.
Drew, Cynthia A.
Society for Ecological Restoration International
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- The science and practice of ecological restoration
- The challenges of restoring the Everglades ecosystem / Terrence "Rock" Salt, Stuart Langton, Mary Doyle -- Everglades ecology : the impacts of altered hydrology / Thomas L. Crisman -- Rivers of plans for the river of grass : the political economy of Everglades restoration / Stephen Polasky -- Negotiating for endangered and threatened species habitat in the Platte River Basin / David M. Freeman -- Platte River Basin ecology : a three-dimensional approach to adaptive management / Thomas L. Crisman -- Navigating the shoals : costs and benefits of Platte River ecosystem management / Stephen Polasky -- The California-Bay Delta : the challenges of collaboration / David Nawi, Alf W. Brandt -- The ecology of Bay-Delta restoration : an impossible dream? / Thomas L. Crisman -- Water fights : the economics of allocating scarce water and Bay-Delta restoration / Stephen Polasky -- The culture of collaboration in the Chesapeake Bay program / Mary Doyle, Fernando Miralles-Wilhelm -- An ecological perspective on management of the Chesapeake Bay / Thomas L. Crisman -- Murky waters and murky policies : costs and benefits of restoring Chesapeake Bay / Stephen Polasky -- The Upper Mississippi River and the Army Corps of Engineers' new role : will Congress fund ecosystem restoration? / Cynthia A. Drew -- Upper Mississippi restoration ecology : putting theory into practice / Thomas L. Crisman -- Comparing apples and oranges? : costs and benefits of Upper Mississippi River system restoration / Stephen Polasky -- Conclusion: Assessing ecosystem restoration projects / Mary Doyle.
- 9781597260251 (cloth : alk. paper)
1597260258 (cloth : alk. paper)
9781597260268 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1597260266 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- "Society for Ecological Restoration International."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4665626