Choose and focus : Japanese business strategies for the 21st century / Ulrike Schaede
- Schaede, Ulrike, 1962-
- Ithaca : Cornell University Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 291 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Japan's strategic inflection point, 1998-2006 -- Postwar corporate strategy -- Diversification versus focus -- Corporate relations : keiretsu, cross-shareholdings, and the main bank -- Ownership : institutional investors, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance -- Subcontracting : globalization and supplier relations -- Price competition : the business-to-business and retail price revolutions -- Lifetime employment : changing human resource management -- Venture capital : opening access to finance -- New competitors : Softbank, Kakaku.com, Astellas, and SBI E*Trade -- Conclusion : the new Japan.
- 0801447062 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780801447068 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -283) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4668939