Ownership, authority, and self-determination / Burke A. Hendrix
- Hendrix, Burke A.
- University Park, Pa.. : Pennsylvania State University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 219 pages ; 24 cm
- Thinking about authority -- International law -- The limits of ownership -- Ownership and social contract -- Duties to aid -- Authority without consent -- Deliberation and self-determination -- Culture and moral disagreement -- Ending colonialism.
- "Considers the contributions of philosophical theories of property rights, political obligation, and self-determination to our moral understanding of political control over geographical space. Focuses on American Indian and other indigenous claims to a separate political status, including potentially to full legal independence"--Provided by publisher.
- Indians of North America—Government relations
- Aboriginal Australians—Government relations
- Indians of North America—Land tenure
- Aboriginal Australians—Land tenure
- Self-determination, National—North America
- Self-determination, National—Australia
- United States—Ethnic relations
- Canada—Ethnic relations
- Australia—Ethnic relations
- 9780271033983 (cloth : alk. paper)
0271033983 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -212) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4673762