Analyzing elections / Rebecca B. Morton
- Morton, Rebecca B., 1954-
- New York : Norton, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 690 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm.
- The new institutionalism in American politics series
- How elections rule American politics -- Understanding turnout -- Trends in voter mobilization -- Candidates, primaries, and ideological divergence -- Polarized over policy or voting on valence? -- How campaigns are financed -- How campaign money affects voters -- The mass media and voters' information -- Controlling the behavior of elected officials -- Measuring public opinion -- Congressional elections -- Presidential primaries -- Presidential elections -- Minor parties and independent candidates -- Minority voters and representation -- The future and analyzing elections.
- 039397829X (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 645-672) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4674743