Madalyn Murray O'Hair / Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
- [Washington, D.C.] : Federal Bureau of Investigation, [2003?]
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered volumes (various pagings) : digital, PDF files
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Madalyn Murray O'Hair led the protest against compulsory prayer and Bible reading in public schools. She also petitioned the Courts to tax Churches. Ms. Murray filed suit to have the words "under God" stricken from the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag, but was turned down. She and members of her family, including her son William, were members of the Atheist Society but were ousted from the organization. Her relationship with son William was strained; he ended all contact with her because of her "extremist views" and she accused him of stealing her mailing lists and other records belonging to her.
- Title from title screen (viewed on July 23, 2008). and Redacted.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: Internet from Federal Bureau of Investigation web site. Address as of 7/23/08: http://foia.fbi.gov/foiaindex/ohair%5Fmadalyn%5Fmurray.htm; current access available via PURL.
View MARC record | catkey: 4676244