Abe Reles / Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
- [Washington, D.C.] : Federal Bureau of Investigation, [2003?]
- Physical Description:
- 3 unnumbered volumes (various pagings) : digital, PDF files
- Abraham Reles was a well-known figure in the racket business in Brooklyn, New York. He acknowledged numerous murders he and/or his associates had committed while in the custody of the State Authorities in Brooklyn. He appeared before the Federal Grand Jury in regard to his knowledge of the harboring of Louis "Lepke" Buchalter, a wanted fugitive. On November 12, 1941, he committed suicide by jumping out the window of the Half Moon Hotel in Coney Island, New York.
- Title from title screen (viewed on July 23, 2008).
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: Internet from Federal Bureau of Investigation web site. Address as of 7/23/08: http://foia.fbi.gov/foiaindex/reles%5Fabe.htm; current access available via PURL.
View MARC record | catkey: 4676266