James Reston [electronic resource] / Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
- [Washington, D.C.] : Federal Bureau of Investigation, [2003?]
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered volumes (various pagings) : digital, PDF files
- James Barrett Reston was born on November 3, 1909, at Clydebank, Scotland, and came to the United States in 1920. He was associated with the Cincinnati National League baseball team during 1933 and 1934, in public relations work. He was a reporter for the Associated Press from 1934 through 1939. Since 1939, he has been associated with the New York Times. Reston was well connected to people in the United States Government and wrote articles concerning the Government's daily activities and operations. These accounts were published in the newspaper. Reston has not been the subject of an FBI investigation; however, he was mentioned within a Name Check request initiated by the Department of the Army.
- Title from title screen (viewed on July 23, 2008).
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: Internet from Federal Bureau of Investigation web site. Address as of 7/23/08: http://foia.fbi.gov/foiaindex/reston%5Fjames.htm ; current access available via PURL.
View MARC record | catkey: 4676273