Image and word in the theology of John Calvin / Randall C. Zachman
- Zachman, Randall C., 1953-
- Notre Dame, Ind. : University of Notre Dame Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 548 pages ; 24 cm
- Introduction : the essential interdependence of image and word in Calvin's theology -- The living images of God the creator. The universe as the living image of God ; Symbols of God's goodness in the present life ; The manifestation of the providential care of God -- The living images of God the redeemer. The manifestation of Christ in the law and in the gospel ; Visual confirmation of the covenant of adoption ; Symbols and types of Christ in the law ; Symbols of the presence of God to Israel ; The manifestation of judgment and restoration in the prophets ; The living image of God in Jesus Christ ; The gospel as the living portrait of Jesus Christ ; The manifestation of piety in the church ; The revelation of the thoughts of the heart ; The distinguishing marks of the children of God ; The revelation of the children of God.
- 9780268045005 (cloth : alk. paper)
0268045003 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 441-521) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 4677727