Distributive principles of criminal law : who should be punished how much? / Paul H. Robinson
- Robinson, Paul H., 1948-
- New York : Oxford University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 267 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Full Text available online
- Distributing criminal liability and punishment -- The need for an articulated distributive principle -- Does criminal law deter? -- Deterrence as a distributive principle -- Rehabilitation -- Incapacitation of the dangerous -- Competing conceptions of desert : vengeful, deontological, and empirical -- The utility of desert -- "Restorative justice" -- The strengths and weaknesses of alterative distributive principles -- Hybrid distributive principles -- A practical theory of justice : proposal for a hybrid distributive principle centered on empirical desert.
- 9780195365757 (alk. paper) and 0195365755 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4679702