Foster care / Jill Hamilton, book editor
- Detroit : Greenhaven Press : Thomson/Gale, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 104 pages : color illustrations, map ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hamilton, Jill
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Issues that concern you
- The history of foster care in the United States / Ellen Herman -- Public ignorance hurts the foster care system / Mary Bissell and Rob Geen -- Poorly trained "helping" professionals compound problems / Richard Delaney -- Homosexuals should not be foster parents / J. Richard Pearcey -- Foster kids have mixed feelings about gay foster parents -- Gay parents can solve foster parent shortage / The American Civil Liberties Union of Utah -- Foster kids need an alumni group / Bill Stanton -- Grandparents can cure foster care problems / Gerard Wallace -- Foster care funding needs changing / The Economist -- Family preservation is safer than foster care / National Coalition for Child Protection Reform -- Group homes don't teach kids how to live on their own / Kareem Banks.
- 9780737727111 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 95-97) and index.
- Action Note:
- committed to retain 20170930 20430101 HathiTrust https://www.hathitrust.org/shared_print_program
View MARC record | catkey: 4681862