Invitation to poetry : the pleasures of studying poetry and poetics / Lisa M. Steinman
- Steinman, Lisa Malinowski, 1950-
- Malden, MA : Blackwell Pub., 2008.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 238 pages ; 23 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Conceptual syntax: an introduction to the way poems invite different approaches and position readers -- Speaking poetry: night pieces and intertextual conversations -- The gestures and subjects of the sonnet -- The uses of meter and rhythm in the sonnet -- The form of the voice: tone and diction -- Modes, odes, and odic gestures -- What is pastoral? -- Traditions, legacies, and individual talents -- Forests and trees, or playing with poems.
- 9781405131636 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1405131632 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9781405131643 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1405131640 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4681868