Africa [cartographic material] : atlas of our changing environment
- Nairobi, Kenya : United Nations Evnironment Programme, 
London : Distributed by SMI London.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas (xviii, 374 pages) : color illustrations, color maps ; 36 cm
- Additional Creators:
- United Nations Environment Programme
- Africa: Africa's geography ; Africa's changing environment ; Earth observations -- Transboundary environmental issues: Transboundary ecosystems and protected areas ; Transboundary movement of people ; Transboundary movement of pollutants ; Conclusion -- Tracking progress towards environmental stability: United Nations Millennium Development Goals : the Millennium declaration ; Country profiles and images of our changing environment.
- This Atlas profiles environmental change at more than 100 locations in Africa. There are more than 300 satellite images, 300 ground photographs and 150 maps, along with graphs and charts that give a visual portrayal of Africa and its changing environment that provide scientific evidence of the impact that natural and human activities have had on the continent's environment over the past several decades. The observations and measurements of environmental change help gauge the extent of progress made by African countries towards reaching the United Nation's Millennium Development Goals.--Publisher's description.
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scales differ.
- Errata slip inserted.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 355-367) and index.
- Other Forms:
- Available both in print and online.
View MARC record | catkey: 4731101