P.S. : further thoughts from a lifetime of listening / Studs Terkel
- Terkel, Studs, 1912-2008
- New York : New Press, 
New York : Distributed by W.W. Norton & Co.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 230 pages ; 21 cm
- Scaring the daylights out of Ma Perkins, 1974 -- Dreamland, 1977 -- James Baldwin, 1961 -- "City of hands was born in mud and fire, " Financial times, 2005 -- Janus : some portraits from memory. Vince Garrity, 1974 -- Frank Tuller, in memoriam, 1975 -- Chester Kolar -- Stanley Cygan -- Who's got the ballot? : Red Kelly, 1975 -- Ya gotta fight city hall, 1973 -- If you were God -- Nighthawks, 1971 -- A Christmas memory, 1973 -- Uptown. Suffer the little children, 1980 -- A family bar, 1979 -- Aaron Barkham -- A voice from a "Hey, you" neighborhood, 1973 -- E.Y. "Yip" Harburg, 1978 -- A gathering of survivors, 1971-72 -- Born to live, 1961.
- "P.S. brings together these significant and deeply enjoyable writings for the first time and reflects Studs Terkel's wide-ranging interests and travels, as well as his abiding connection to his hometown, Chicago. Here we have a remarkable and moving conversation with James Baldwin, possibly Studs's finest interview with an author; vivid portraits of studs's heroes and cohorts; the transcript of Studs's famous broadcast on the Depression, the essence of what was to become Hard Times; and the transcript of his 1962 Prix Italls award-winning documentary Born to Live."--BOOK JACKET.
- Terkel, Studs, 1912-2008—Miscellanea
- Broadcasters—United States—Biography—Miscellanea
- Authors, American—20th century—Biography—Miscellanea
- Interviews—United States
- United States—Social life and customs—20th century—Miscellanea
- United States—Social conditions—20th century—Miscellanea
- United States—Intellectual life—20th century—Miscellanea
- United States—Politics and government—20th century—Miscellanea
- Chicago (Ill.)—History—20th century—Miscellanea
- 9781595584236 (pbk.)
- Related Titles:
- Chicago (1975)
- Includes pieces that appeared in the WFMT magazine, Chicago.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 229-230).
View MARC record | catkey: 4731305