Final report, evaluation of video conferencing demonstration projects [electronic resource] / prepared by CONSAD Research Corporation under subcontract to Concurrent Technologies Corporation
- Additional Titles:
- Evaluation of video conferencing demonstration projects
- [Harrisburg, Pa.] : [Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (various pagings) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Consad Research Corporation and Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency
- Title from PDF file (viewed on Oct. 8, 2008).
"Prepared for Dr. Henry Sontheimer, Senior Evaluation Analyst, Bureau of Information and Analytical Services, Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency."
"This project supported an evaluation of Video Conferencing demonstration projects in six counties. Video Conferencing (VC) links two or more locations in order to carry out certain criminal justice functions (e.g., arraignments and preliminary hearings) involving defendants/offenders. The evaluation found that a majority of participants believe that VC has improved the overall efficiency and effectiveness of court proceedings and has enabled them to spend significantly less time transporting incarcerated defendants between the courthouse and prison, and to spend more time on other activities. Police officers, sheriff's deputies, and prison shift supervisors believe that VC has significantly improved their safety and the safety of the general public."--PCCD Web site.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 4731598