Final report, comparative assessment of three police booking center projects [electronic resource] / prepared by CONSAD Research Corporation under subcontract to Concurrent Technologies Corporation
- Additional Titles:
- Comparative assessment of three police booking center projects
- [Harrisburg, Pa.] : [Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency], 
- Physical Description:
- 74 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Consad Research Corporation and Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency
- Title from PDF file (viewed on Oct. 8, 2008)., "Prepared for Dr. Henry Sontheimer, Senior Evaluation Analyst, Bureau of Information and Analytical Services, Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency.", "April 2000.", and "Based on user & administrative surveys/opinions, the three automated booking centers have had several positive impacts on the process of booking suspects. The use of automated fingerprinting machines and digital mug shot systems at these sites has: 1. Increased the speed with which fingerprint images and associated data are sent to the Central Repository; 2. Increased the number of suspects for whom fingerprint records are created and submitted; 3. Enabled police officers to return to patrol or other duties much more quickly after arresting a suspect; 4. Improved the quality of fingerprint images and suspect photographs; and 5. Improved the effectiveness of criminal investigations. The significant time savings and other benefits make them worthwhile to counties with fewer police departments and police officers. The use of automated booking technologies results in significant improvements in the effectiveness of processing suspects, especially for counties that have many police departments (and other law enforcement agencies) whose officers make many arrests."--PCCD Web site.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web. and System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 4731798