The essential speaking and listening : talk for learning at key stage 2 / Lyn Dawes ; illustrated by Lynn Breeze
- Dawes, Lyn
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 153 pages : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Introduction : speaking and listening for thinking and learning -- Class talk skills : raising children's awareness of the importance of talk for learning -- Talking points : a strategy for encouraging dialogue between children and in whole-class sessions -- Listening : helping children to understand how and why they should become active listeners -- Dialogic teaching : orchestrating effective dialogue in whole-class sessions -- Group work : ensuring that all children collaborate in educationally effective group work -- Speaking : teaching children how to articulate their ideas -- Assessment : a straightforward assessment format for recording experience and progress -- Summary : teaching speaking and listening enables the child to make the most of their education.
- "A David Fulton book"--Cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 148-150) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Education and Behavioral Library copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20089.
View MARC record | catkey: 4734820