Multimedia and literacy development : improving achievement for young learners / Adriana G. Bus, Susan B. Neuman, Eds
- Bus, A. G.
- New York, NY : Routledge, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 284 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Neuman, Susan B.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Special audience, special concerns: children and the media / Ellen Wartella, Rebekah A. Richert -- Digital beginnings: young children's use of popular culture, media and new technologies in homes and early years settings / Jackie Marsh -- The case for multimedia presentations in learning: a theory of synergy / Susan B. Neuman -- Cognitive processes during reading: implications for the use of multimedia to foster reading comprehension / Paul Van Den Broek, Panayiota Kendeou, Mary Jane White -- The ebook as a learning object in an online world / Kathleen Roskos, Jeremy Brueck -- A new look at an old format: eye tracking studies of shared book reading and the implications for ebooks and ebook research / Mary Ann Evans, Annie Roy-Charland, Jean Saint-Aubin -- Learning from interactive vocabulary books in kindergarten: looking back, looking forward / Eliane Segers -- Struggling readers and multimedia / Victor H.P. Van Daal -- Old and new media in the lives of young disadvantaged bilingual children / Paul P.M. Leseman, Aziza Y. Mayo, Anna P. Scheele -- How onscreen storybooks contribute to early literacy / Adriana G. Bus, Marian J.A.J. Verhallen, Maria T. De Jong -- The educational electronic book as a tool for supporting children's emergent literacy / Adina Shamir, Ofra Korat -- Effects of television on language and literacy development / Yuuko Uchikoshi -- "Let's do the computer story again, Nana": a case study of how a 2-year-old and his grandmother shared thinking spaces during multiple shared readings of an electronic story / Linda D. Labbo -- Embedded multimedia: using video to enhance reading outcomes in success for all / Bette Chambers ... [et al.] -- Computer-assisted tutoring in success for all: two studies of reading outcomes for first graders / Bette Chambers ... [et al.] -- Can an intervention program in kindergarten augment the effects of educational TV and websites in promoting literacy? / Iris Levin ... [et al.] -- Use of electronic storybooks in reading instruction: from theory to practice / Michael C. McKenna, Tricia A. Zucker.
- 9780415988414 (hb : alk. paper)
0415988411 (hb : alk. paper)
9780415988421 (pb : alk. paper)
041598842X (pb : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20089.
View MARC record | catkey: 4734826