Working one-to-one with students : supervising, coaching, mentoring, and personal tutoring / Gina Wisker [and others].
- New York : Routledge, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- x, 214 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Wisker, Gina, 1951-
- Key guides for effective teaching in higher education series
- Introduction : supervising, mentoring, coaching and personal tutoring : working one-to-one with students -- An introduction to the skills and the roles : coaching, mentoring, supervising and personal tutoring -- Coaching skills and supporting learners : generic skills for one-to-one work -- Personal tutoring -- Mentoring, work-based and community placement support -- Supervising projects and dissertations -- Dealing with diversity 1 -- Dealing with diversity 2 : academic advice, disability and mental health / with Charlotte Morris -- Supervising and supporting students one-to-one at a distance -- Helping students help themselves : peer support -- Supervising postgraduates in the social sciences, arts and humanities -- Supervising postgraduates in the sciences, engineering and medicine.
- 9780415365307 (hardback : alk. paper), 0415365309 (hardback : alk. paper), 9780415365314 (pbk. : alk. paper), 0415365317 (pbk. : alk. paper), 9780203016497 (ebook), and 0203016491 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 200-211) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20089.
View MARC record | catkey: 4734838