The printed picture / Richard Benson
- Benson, Richard, 1943-2017
- New York : Museum of Modern Art,  and New York : Distributed in the United States and Canada by D.A.P./Distributed Art Publishers.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 338 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Museum of Modern Art (New York, N.Y.)
- Relief printing : woodcut, metal type, and wood engraving -- Intaglio and planographic printing : engraving, etching, mezzotint, and lithography -- Color printing : hand coloring and multiple-impression color -- Bits and pieces : modern art prints, oddities, and photographic precursors -- Early photography in silver : daguerreotypes, early silver paper processes and tintypes -- Non-silver processes : carbon, blueprint, platinum, and a couple of others -- Modern photography : developing-out gelatin silver printing -- Color notes : primary colors and neutrality -- Color photography : separation-based processes and chromogenic prints -- Photography in ink : relief and intaglio printing : the letterpress halftone and gravure printing -- Photography in ink : planographic printing : collotype and photo offiet lithography -- Digital processes : binary issues, inkjet, dye sublimation, and digital C-prints -- Where do we go from here? : some questions about the future.
- 9780870707216 and 0870707213
- "To accompany the publication of this book, an exhibition, also titled The printed picture, is presented in The Edward Steichen Photography Galleries of The Museum of Modern Art, October 2008 through spring 2009"--T.p. verso. and Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4749610